To facilitate community-driven development in Latin American surf travel destinations.
Project Wave of Optimism firmly believes that international surf travel has a profound impact upon the local populations of Latin American surf destinations. However, few coordinated efforts have attempted to use this opportunity to support locally-led development initiatives. In light of this, Project WOO commits to work in the area of critical overlap between surf tourism presence and host community efforts to improve their quality of life.
Through our on-site, hands-on approach, we strive to:
- Build positive relationships within the community
- Establish ourselves as a proactive ally of the local people
- Encourage local empowerment, raise awareness of local issues, and support local management of resources
- Promote local participation and leadership in the identification, planning and execution of community development projects
- Provide technical guidance and material support for local development initiatives